What could be better than a nice cup of tea or coffee when you have reached your mooring while you sit back and chill in your new surroundings. Maybe you are feeling restricted by having to use the kettle on your gas hob, well why not let yourself free and get a low wattage kettle that is ideal for boaters while being very affordable.
Ok, so you do have the option of using a gas stove kettle, but some of us just like to flick a switch and know that the kettle will switch OFF when ready all without tripping the electrical supply.
Low wattage kettles for narrowboats – Low Wattage, Lightweight and 12v
Below we have 7 of the best low wattage kettle reviews that will let you see what is available on the market today and provide you with the information that you need before buying your new electric kettle.
The first pick is this simple and practical Quest cordless design that won’t blow your budget or electricity supply.
This high quality electric low wattage kettle will allow for two good size cups of tea or coffee with a 1-litre capacity that it has and is also the ideal size for a walking flask should you want to go for a hike while mooring.
This is a nice compact size that can easily be stowed away in a cupboard for storage.
- Capacity: 1 Litre, Power: 900 Watt
- Built in overheat and boil dry safety cut-out
- Auto-Switch-off when water boils, Detachable jug kettle
- Removable & Washable Water Filter, Transparent water level gauge UK 3 pin plug
- Approx height: 18cm, Quality Products by Denny International
Another cordless option with a detachable base that is ideal for boaters and is brought to you by Denny International and has all the features that you could want from a little kettle. This low wattage kettle requires just 900w and is ‘energy class A’ which is the best power rating and the most energy efficient available in Europe.
As well as the standard ‘switch-OFF’ when boiled, this model features a built-in auto boil dry and overheat thermostat cut off mechanism. It has a transparent water level gauge to avoid any overfilling and just the right amount for your needs, whether that be 1 or 2 cups with its 1 litre capacity, with a removable and washable spout filter.
Measuring just 18cm this lightweight, energy efficient low wattage kettle can easily be stored away when not in use and is an extremely affordable option.
- Small and lightweight - the travel compact kettle is an ideal size for cramming it into an already busy backpack or case
- Include two cups and spoons so you have all the essentials to make a good brew
- 1 KW - the low wattage kettle makes it ideal for holidays, trips away, caravans, motor homes, student accommodation, hotels, guest rooms or simply as a kitchen backup
- Universal voltage - thanks to a dual voltage control, the kettle can also be used abroad without issue; just plug in and use as normal, wherever you are
- 0.85 Litre capacity - an ideal size for pouring a cuppa for two people
The first three of our options have all been for brewing just 2 cuppas, but maybe there are more of you, this stylish cream 1.7 litre stainless steel kettle is for you and the same size as your house kettle except it is low wattage being 1000w.
With 360 degree rotation on the detachable base, this cordless kettle features the standard switch OFF on boiling, a transparent water level guide enabling you to only heat the water you require, and features the concealed heating element allowing for easy cleaning when needed.
- Boil dry safety protection
- Heat resistant plastic body
- Capacity: 1.7L
Another low wattage option that is suitable for a family is this sleek and stylish white model brought to you by SunnCamp.
It has a boil dry cut off safety feature and heat resistant body, with a transparent water level guide and removable, washable filter for easy cleaning. It has a water capacity of 1.7 litres and is 900w so again is ideal for boaters and caravanners alike.
If there is a downside to this one it is the fact that the jug does not have the 360-degree turn that some of the others do, but the base can easily be moved to suit the position that you require.
- A handy travel companion! 650W, Dual voltage kettle for worldwide use. Perfect for holidays/ trips away, caravans, motor homes, student accommodation, hotels & guest rooms
- 500ml capacity - comes with 2 stackable travel cups and features water gauge, indicator light, concealed heating element & automatic boil dry protection
- Easy to use with wide spout for easy filling and pouring
- 16.5 x 10.5 x 18cm - Portable, compact and lightweight black design with cord storage clip
- Manufacturer 2 Year Warranty Included
This wonderfully designed VonShef travel kettle is ideal if you want a kettle for more than just your narrowboat weekends on the water. Measuring just 18cms and using just 650w it will become your ideal travel companion that you won’t want to leave your side.
It features dual voltage so can be used worldwide perfect for the travellers amongst us, or those that have restricted space for making a brew. The transparent water gauge, concealed heating element, wide spout and cord storage clip all go to make it user friendly as well as stylish.
As an added bonus it is supplied with 2 travel cups and a 2 year warranty, you cannot go wrong with this compact and lightweight little low wattage kettle.
- 2.5ltr Stainless Steel
- Diam of base 7" capacity 2.5litres full height 9" height with handle folded 6.5"
- This is a superb traveling kettle.It is made from stainless steel.
- There is a whistle attached to the spout and it is finished with a cream body and black phenolic handle.
- It is suitable for use with gas,electricity and vitro induction also the handle folds for easy storage and space saving.